Eight Bells on Cathead Bay
14667 Cat Head Bay Road. Eight Bells is located at the northern tip of the beautiful Leelanau Peninsula. This Hiawatha log home is on the lakefront in a private and exclusive area of homes, set apart from the maddening crowds, providing an ideal setting for rest and relaxation. On a private drive overlooking Lake Michigan, this 3-bedroom 2.5-bathroom home is nestled between the Grand Traverse Lighthouse and the wide expanse of dunes in Leelanau State Park just down the road. Views of Cathead Bay, spectacular sunsets, and 3 islands (North Manitou, South Fox, and North Fox) can be the rewards of staying here. Eight Bells permits privacy as it is at the edge of the woodlands and a short distance from the dunes. In front of the home is a barrier dune, and beyond that is the beauty of the lakefront and bay. You can walk leisurely along the lake as Cathead Bay includes what many believe to be the most beautiful and secluded stretches of beach and dunes in Leelanau County. Daily walks, hiking, jogging, kayaking, cycling, cookouts, and bonfires await you. Away from any city, the night sky is ablaze with stars. Eight Bells is 8 miles north of the quaint village of Northport and within a short drive of Leland, Lake Leelanau, and Suttons Bay. Traverse City, the home to the National Cherry Festival, is a 40 minute drive and offers the full range of city amenities. NOTE: A new optional apartment (adding another bedroom and bathroom) is now available for rent, along with the main house.
- Main house: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and finished lower level. Linens and towels provided.
- New, comfortable furnishings. Old English style hand-hewned pine dinner table (bench on one side) positioned for a lake view.
- Fully equipped kitchen. Lower level laundry room. Vermont Castings wood stove.
- Front porch with Adirondacks. Rear deck with cedar table set.
- Satellite Cable TV, DVD, VCR, stereo/CD/casette, and two phones. Charcoal grill, board games, and foosball table.
- New optional loft apartment available (over detached garage): 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.
- No smoking. Pet friendly
For more information click here
We are Creating Family Memories
Return to the Home Page
© 2013 Stoney Point Cottages. All Rights Reserved.